Planning for Summer Research Opportunities
- 1:00 PM
Wednesday Nov 15, 2017
Olin-Rice Science Center 250
The STEM office, with Career Development Center, is offering “Planning for Summer Research Opportunities.“ This is a one-hour workshop for students from the science division, facilitated by Professor Liz Jansen, that aims to answer all of your questions about the process.
1. Why do a summer research or experiential learning experience?
2. What are the options?
3. How do I find information about the possible summer opportunities?
4. How do I decide which positions to apply to?
5. What is involved in the online application process?
There will be some junior and senior science majors who have had a variety of summer experiences at the info session. They will share information about their summer experiences and the application process.
This info session is being offered twice:
• Wednesday, Nov 15 from 12:00 - 1:00PM in Olin-Rice 250
• Thursday, Nov 16 from 11:30 - 12:30PM in Olin-Rice 150
Pizza will be provided for lunch. Please RSVP in Handshake by Monday, Nov 13 if you plan to attend the info session. If you have questions about the info session, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This event is for: Students
Sponsored By: Career Development Center (CDC)
Categories: Front Page Events and Career Events